Recipe by ElaineAnn
If you wake up with a stuffy head and sore throat and cough, you need soup NOW! I made this with what I had on hand and felt much better within a few hours.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great soup considering that it's only dry spices (onion/garlic). I like the Montreal steak seasoning :) You didn't mention which kind of pasta to use, so I did with orzo pasta. That was not the best idea. Probably that 1 cup was too much cause I ended up with no liquid. I had to add more liquid and spices again. And even with that, it's way too thick. The best would be ramen noodle or very tiny pasta. Thanks Elaine :) Made for Holiday tag
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles or 1 cup pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add seasonings to broth and heat to boiling. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add noodles. If using Ramen toss the seasoning packet in your spice cabinet to add later to mashed potatoes. (You don’t need all that sodium!)
- Let simmer 5 - 10 minutes, serve hot and steamy.