Kat's Mom's Note:
Everyone should try this southern treat just once! You can make 'em spicy by adding some hot sauce or using garlic pickles. Another recipe found on the www.ilovepickles.com site. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- 2Make a well in center; add water, egg yolk and pickle juice, all at once.
- 3Stir with wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- 4Cover bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to 375ºF.
- 6In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter to coat evenly and lightly.
- 7Fry without crowding in hot oil until golden and crisp, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I-Love-Pickles Fried Dill Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 1036.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: