Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone should try this southern treat just once! You can make 'em spicy by adding some hot sauce or using garlic pickles. Another recipe found on the www.ilovepickles.com site. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Make a well in center; add water, egg yolk and pickle juice, all at once.
- Stir with wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to 375ºF.
- In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter to coat evenly and lightly.
- Fry without crowding in hot oil until golden and crisp, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
Followed recipe as written and all I can say is YUUUUUUMMMMMOOOOO!!!
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I love em! Pickles are my fav food since I was a kid, my co workers surprised me when I was 8 months pregnant with a huge tray of these... :) need I say more?! Recommend anyone to try them al least once!
I can't believe I foud this recipe! The first time I had these was in Cape Hatteras, NC and I fell in love. For anyone who thinks these sound gross you have to try them, we eat fried and battered zuchini don't we? YUMMY!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!