Recipe by Chef_dragonfly
Yum-o!!! If you love peanut butter, this will set you free!! (as my grandmother says)
Peanut Butter Crust Ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 cups about 45 wafers vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reese's creamy peanut butter or 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups Reese's baking pieces, divided
- 1⁄2 cup reese's creamy peanut butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- additional whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST. Set aside 1/3 cup baking pieces for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining baking pieces; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla in medium bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and milk, blending until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in chopped baking pieces. Pour into crust.
- Cover; freeze several hours or until firm. Soften slightly before serving. Garnish each slice with whipped topping and baking pieces. Cover; freeze leftover pie. 8 to 10 servings.
- PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F Stir together 1-1/2 cups (about 45 wafers) vanilla wafer crumbs and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Place 1/4 cup REESE'S Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter and 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until butter is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add to crumb mixture, blending thoroughly. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- NOTE: 1 extra serving-size packaged crumb crust (9 oz.) may be used instead of PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST.