Recipe by CookETC
What's not to love? This is an easy make-ahead appetizer that takes 15 minutes to prepare and is so yummy it will be gone 15 minutes after you set it on the table. Pitted black olives and pimiento-stuffed Spanish/Manzanilla olives make it look as colorful as it is delicious. Serve it with crackers or crispinis. I also use it as a sandwich spread...it really spruces up a plain old cold-cut or deli sandwich.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is addicitive as another reviewer declared! I adore it! I put it on crisp bread, pretzel bread, and stuffed it into celery already just today! I cannot keep out of it! Instead of the olive oil I used 1 t. black olive brine and 2 t. green olive brine. I could not see adding anymore fat to it. I will be making this for every event I am invited to! Fantastic stuff!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use neufchatel cream cheese as it's lighter and easier to spread)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash seasoning salt (optional)
- Mix well and chill for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Serve with crackers or crispinis -- OR --
- Use it as a spread on cold-cut or deli sandwiches.