Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Posted by request
Top Review by OneEyedDogMama
Sweet + Tart = Delicious! I highly recommend giving these cookies a try. They were simple to make and really made a good impression on everyone. My mom lent me her new microplane zester which really helped with the lime zest/rind. I also used one of those new nylon cooking brushes to ice the cooled cookies and it worked really well. Thanks for this recipe...it's a keeper and I will definitely be making them again.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate chips
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 5 -6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the upper third of oven; spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, add half of the cake mix, softened butter, eggs, and lime zest.
- Blend with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in remaining cake mix and white chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets; transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
- Prepare Lime Icing: add powdered sugar to a bowl; mix in zest and enough juice as needed to make icing just thin enough to drizzle off fork.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies.