1/1 Photo of I Love Green Beans
Amie Perrett's Note:
I always loved the way my mom cooked her green beans and all she did was add bacon so I then I started cooking them the way she did and started adding things to it. I am sure someone else has thought of this recipe but it really is the best green beans to me. I hope you enjoy and please post to let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans (any style)
- 1/2 medium white onion (chopped)
- 5 -6 slices bacon (its up to you, I love a lot of bacon in mine)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mushroom (I get mine from a can, and you can use more or less)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce (I use about 5 shacks)
- 1Start by browning your bacon, when almost brown, throw in the mushrooms, onions and garlic powder and cook with the bacon. (It will give the mushrooms and onions a lot of flavor).
- 2In another pan put your cans of green beans in there with the butter, salt and pepper and let the butter melt.
- 3Then pour the bacon, mushroom, onions, and the bacon grease all in the green beans. (Note you might not want to pure all the bacon grease but enough for flavoring).
- 4Heat for about 10 minutes on medium heat and the flavor is great.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Love Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 200.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g