1/1 Photo of I Love Brussels Sprouts
Secret Agent's Note:
I really do! These are yummy along side roast beef and sometimes I just eat them for a meal when DH is working. I hope you Sprouts Lovers give them a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water and salt to a boil.
- 2While the water comes to a boil remove the Sprouts from the stalk and trim them well, cut and 'x' into the stem end and wash.
- 3Divide them into 2 cup portions and blanch in the boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes making sure not to over-cook them. They should still have a crunch to them.
- 4Drop into very cold water for 30 seconds to set the color and then let them come to room temperature on a tea-tower lined sheet pan. You can freeze them once they are cool and then seal them in a food saver, or continue with your recipe.
- 5Continue with your recipe -OR- Just before serving, melt the butter in a pan and when the butter almost stops sizzling add 2 cups of the blanched Brussels Sprouts and toss them in the butter until you can easily pierce them with the tip of a knife.
- 6Serve piping hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Love Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (1280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 7131.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: