soft, dense, crunchy, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth. . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, scant
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1Heat oven to 365 degrees, fahrenheit.
- 2Cream together the sugars with the softened butter and shortening.
- 3Beat in the eggs and extracts.
- 4Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the batter.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed, careful not to over mix.
- 6Let the batter rest 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 7Scoop heaping soup-spoon sized balls of batter and slightly flatten on a cookie sheet. You should fit 10-12 on a standard size cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 9-12 minutes. Do not over bake! They will keep cooking when they come out of the oven, because they are so dense. My oven cooks unevenly, so I always rotate the cookie sheets half way through.
- 9Let rest for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then cool on a wire rack.
- 10Store in an airtight container (if they last!).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (I Just Made the Best) Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 108.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g