Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect to make for the one you love-yourself!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup strawberry, diced small
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder baking soda and salt.
- Crush 3/4 cup of strawberries into a puree with the back of a fork, or with a blender.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup of diced strawberries with the puree and the yogurt
- Add egg and butter to yogurt mixture.
- Add the yogurt mixture to flour mixture and combine until flour is just moistened-do not overmix.
- Dough will be very wet and sticky but don't worry-you didn't do anything wrong!
- Here's the tricky part! drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls into a heart shape. Try your best! Alternatively, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes.