Recipe by Sitka Sound
Wow! Easy pasta dish showcasing Mediterranean flavors and feta cheese. Salty olives, tangy feta and tart sun dried tomatoes. Add the crunch of almonds and subtle heat of garlic. You can use any kind of pasta you like. My favorites are bow tie and egg noodles, but try spaghetti or even macaroni. Goes great as a side to chicken or fish. Satisfying as a meatless main dish pasta. Or, add some shrimp or sliced chicken in the first step to make it a one dish meal. Lots of room to get creative with this recipe. It's good. And super easy!
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium pan.
- Saute garlic and red bell pepper over medium 4-5 minutes.
- Add olives and sun dried tomatoes. Heat through.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet. Toss to combine adding reserved pasta water as needed to lubricate pasta.
- Transfer to serving dish, add feta and almonds. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemons.