Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I threw this together one night when I had no idea what to make for dinner. When my husband asked what we were having, I said, "I have no idea" - and we've called it that ever since. I've added shrimp at the very end and cooked it just until pink - it was even more delicious!
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- shrimp (optional)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine first six ingredients (sugar, garlic, nutmeg, onion salt, cayenne pepper and parsley) in medium bowl. Add sliced chicken breasts and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Begin cooking pasta according to the package directions.
- In large saute pan, add olive oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Add seasoned chicken to olive oil and cook over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add chicken stock and diced red pepper. Cook until peppers are crisply tender.
- Add unsalted butter and garlic and toss gently to coat. (Add shrimp here, if using).
- Add cooked pasta and toss with chicken. Top with chopped fresh tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Add pepper to taste.
We have a lot of "I have no idea" recipes in our house, and this one is going to be put in my list of favs! The only thing I did differently was I braised my chicken in the stock after it was browned to save time (was making it for lunch). Added the tomatoes a bit early but they were still great. Oh, if anyone is concerned about how their kids will like it...don't be! I used 2 lbs chicken and a full lb of pasta, DH and I both had one bowl, and my 3 and 4 year olds polished off the rest!!! Thanks J&J!