Recipe by TheDancingCook
For those who hate Ricotta Cheese but still want to eat lasagna. A real kid pleaser! I grew up on this, and this is the way my family likes it. (I order lasagna with Ricotta when eating out!) But I do love it this way too! Please feel free to adjust ingredients (veggies, spices, meat) according to your family's preference.
Top Review by SaraFish
This was very good. The veleveeta melts very creamily (I would never have thought to put velveeta in a lasagna!) and although I like ricotta in my lasagna, this was a great recipe for us because I wanted lasagana but we are out of ricotta! So easy too because you don't have to cook the noodles first. Thanks for a great idea!
- 453.59 g boxsmall Velveeta cheese, cut into squares
- 255.14 g boxno boil lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 680.38 g jarbarilla italian spaghetti sauce (1- 1 1/2 jars) or 1 jar your favorite jars spaghetti sauce (1- 1 1/2 jars)
- shredded mozzarella cheese, as much as you like
- grated parmesan cheese, as much as you like
- Italian spices, to taste
- 0.75-1.25 ml garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onion and garlic; drain.
- Return to pan and stir in 3/4 of cooking/spaghetti sauce, 1/2 of the canned tomatoes, garlic salt and Italian Seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 13/9 dish, spread 1/2 cup meat sauce, covering bottom.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges.
- Place the Velveeta cheese slices over the noodles, about 4 squares per noodle.
- Repeat layers twice, begin and end with noodles.
- Combine remaining canned tomatoes with sauce; spread remaining sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Add more Italian spices if desired.
- Cover with foil, bake about 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted through.
- Remove the foil, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Accompany with salad and garlic bread.