For those who hate Ricotta Cheese but still want to eat lasagna. A real kid pleaser! I grew up on this, and this is the way my family likes it. (I order lasagna with Ricotta when eating out!) But I do love it this way too! Please feel free to adjust ingredients (veggies, spices, meat) according to your family's preference.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxsmall Velveeta cheese, cut into squares
- 1 (9 ounce) boxno boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jarbarilla italian spaghetti sauce (1- 1 1/2 jars) or 1 jar your favorite jars spaghetti sauce (1- 1 1/2 jars)
- shredded mozzarella cheese, as much as you like
- grated parmesan cheese, as much as you like
- Italian spices, to taste
- 3 -5 dashes garlic salt, to taste
- Brown meat with onion and garlic; drain.
- Return to pan and stir in 3/4 of cooking/spaghetti sauce, 1/2 of the canned tomatoes, garlic salt and Italian Seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 13/9 dish, spread 1/2 cup meat sauce, covering bottom.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges.
- Place the Velveeta cheese slices over the noodles, about 4 squares per noodle.
- Repeat layers twice, begin and end with noodles.
- Combine remaining canned tomatoes with sauce; spread remaining sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Add more Italian spices if desired.
- Cover with foil, bake about 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted through.
- Remove the foil, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Accompany with salad and garlic bread.