I have had people who swear they hate Miracle Whip eat an ENTIRE PLATE of this potato salad. It's my mom's recipe, and you can try it with regular Mayo, but I won't stand by the results because it's so good with the Whip that I've never tried it any other way!
- 5 -6 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and chopped
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender but not mushy, set aside to cool.
- For dressing: mix all ingredients in a bowl. Any and all of the ingredients can (and should) be adjusted to your taste as my dressing never turns out the same way twice depending on whether I'm in the mood for sweet, peppery, salty, etc.
- Mix potatoes, celery, onion, egg, and dressing in a bowl and chill.