This was in a church cookbook I received as a gift many moons ago. Don't have the book anymore, but I saved the recipe.It's the only potato salad I've ever made, and I never felt the need to look further.It's always gone when I make it for a Bar-B-Q. Prep time includes boiling the potatoes,and chopping veggies.The big secret is to make sure you don't over-boil the potatoes,or you're going to have mush.
- 6 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 -3 cups diced raw vegetables (celery,cucumber,radishes...)
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (set one aside)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine potatoes,eggs,and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Blend remaining ingredients in another small bowl,and mix lightly with potato mixture.
- Top with reserved egg slices and a dash of paprika.
- Chill before serving.
This was a huge hit at the BBQ I was at on Saturday. The cucumbers really add something extra to the dish. There were no leftovers so I can't speak to the cucumbers breaking down and becoming watery. I'd definitely make this again.
I was thrilled to make this for MEP'S Cookathon. I LOVED this. The "dressing" was what really caught my attention, I was so tired of my plain 'ol potato salad. This was really great.
This was a very tasty potato salad. I do think I won't use cucumbers again though. Great refreshing taste if used up first time. If you have leftovers it gets very watery because the cukes break down. This potato salad has an awesome flavor! Thanks Mepster