This was in a church cookbook I received as a gift many moons ago. Don't have the book anymore, but I saved the recipe.It's the only potato salad I've ever made, and I never felt the need to look further.It's always gone when I make it for a Bar-B-Q. Prep time includes boiling the potatoes,and chopping veggies.The big secret is to make sure you don't over-boil the potatoes,or you're going to have mush.
- 6 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 -3 cups diced raw vegetables (celery,cucumber,radishes...)
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (set one aside)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine potatoes,eggs,and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Blend remaining ingredients in another small bowl,and mix lightly with potato mixture.
- Top with reserved egg slices and a dash of paprika.
- Chill before serving.