Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Having a huge crop of banana peppers, and the ingredients on hand, this recipe emerged. The stuffing mixture also makes a nice dip if put in a 350* oven for 10 mins.
- 4 large banana peppers
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded basil
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup homemade marinara sauce
- Mix together the feta , mozzarella and parmesan cheese. add the mayonnaise, basil, sun dried tomatoes and salt and pepper to season, mix well.
- Cut the tops off the banana peppers, (reserving the tops) and scoop out the seeds, being careful not to split open the sides.
- Using a tsp and your finger ( this part can get quite messy ) stuff the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- In a 8 x 8 baking dish spread the marinara sauce onto the bottom.
- Put the peppers on top of the sauce, replacing their tops, wedging the peppers against the sides ( in the hope that the tops stay in place keeping the stuffing inside ).
- If you have any excess stuffing mix, spread over the tops of the peppers.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.
The best banana peppers I have ever had!!!
I changed this recupe slightly. I used a mixture of mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheese with Miracle Whip (instead of mayo) and no marina sauce. I drizzled the baking sheet with olive oil and this still came out fantastic. The red banana peppers were extremely hot, but the yellow and greens came out awesome.