Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted some gravy to go with breakfast and the sausage I had produced zero drippings, bummer! Came up with this and was surprised with myself, flavor was really good. Actually my son liked it better than my normal sausage gravy.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons imitation bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in flour. Cook stirring constantly and chopping until flour is a nice almond color and starting to smell "nutty".
- Slowly add 1 cup of the milk in stirring constantly.
- Once first cup of milk has been incorporated and it starts to get a little thick, stir in the other cup of milk, bacon bits and bouillon
- Continue cooking until thickened just short of your liking, it will thicken more upon sitting.