Chef Jeff Garland's Note:
I wanted some gravy to go with breakfast and the sausage I had produced zero drippings, bummer! Came up with this and was surprised with myself, flavor was really good. Actually my son liked it better than my normal sausage gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour. Cook stirring constantly and chopping until flour is a nice almond color and starting to smell "nutty".
- 3Slowly add 1 cup of the milk in stirring constantly.
- 4Once first cup of milk has been incorporated and it starts to get a little thick, stir in the other cup of milk, bacon bits and bouillon
- 5Continue cooking until thickened just short of your liking, it will thicken more upon sitting.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Don't Have Drippings! Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation bacon bits