Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The title says it all!!!! I was in a furious chocolate fix and whipped these up. These are soft and flat brownies that aren't too cake-like. Why should you not feel as guilty? 1) The Nesquik's got enough sugar, no additional sugar needed. 2) Nesquik has vitamins and nutrients! 3) The egg white has minimal calories and provides protein, none of the cholesterol like using a whole egg. Feel free to use egg substitute or pourable egg whites. 4) Canola oil and unsweetened applesauce are better for you than butter or margarine. 5) No added salt! 6) You're being attacked by spider monkeys from the inside, therefore calories don't count during this time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (use dry cup set to measure, not liquid cup)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (I used peanut butter chips last time)
- Sift the Nesquik, flour, and baking powder together in a large bowl, and make a well in the center.
- Add all the wet ingredients (vanilla, egg white, oil, and applesauce) into the well and whisk well to fully incorporate, should be a very nice fudgy batter with no dry bits.
- Add the chocolate chips or other baking chips into the mix, and beat them in well.
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray, and pour the batter into it. Make sure it's evenly spread.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until set. Let cool for at least 15 minutes prior to cutting and eating. (As hard as it is to resist the temptation and you've been hunting chocolate like a jungle critter stalking its prey all day!).