Recipe by diamonds4heather
This is a hearty and filling casserole for those nights when a long time in the kitchen is just out of the question. Very tasty and easy to make, my family requests it often. Enjoy!
Top Review by Mirj
Well, I certainly DID feel like cooking last night, and this recipe was just what I was looking for! I made my own mushroom sauce since I didn't want to add any dairy to the meal. I also made up a cornbread mix because that stuff isn't available in my corner of the world. I was totally stressed out yesterday, need to do some cooking, and also needed some kind of comfort food for the family. Even my picky eaters had a helping! I upped the quantities to feed 6, and my only complaint is that there wasn't enough left over to bring in for lunch today. Diamonds4heather, this really fit the bill, thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g turkey
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bag frozen vegetables, cooked (i prefer peas or corn)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- salt & pepper
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 1 package cornbread mix (prepared per directions on packet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and meat in the oil, drain any excess moisture.
- Remove from heat and add both cans of soup and the veggies of your choice and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Spoon the prepared cornbread mix over the top and spread even.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until cornbread is done.