Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty and filling casserole for those nights when a long time in the kitchen is just out of the question. Very tasty and easy to make, my family requests it often. Enjoy!
- Brown onion and meat in the oil, drain any excess moisture.
- Remove from heat and add both cans of soup and the veggies of your choice and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Spoon the prepared cornbread mix over the top and spread even.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until cornbread is done.
Well, I certainly DID feel like cooking last night, and this recipe was just what I was looking for! I made my own mushroom sauce since I didn't want to add any dairy to the meal. I also made up a cornbread mix because that stuff isn't available in my corner of the world. I was totally stressed out yesterday, need to do some cooking, and also needed some kind of comfort food for the family. Even my picky eaters had a helping! I upped the quantities to feed 6, and my only complaint is that there wasn't enough left over to bring in for lunch today. Diamonds4heather, this really fit the bill, thanks so much for posting this recipe!
This is just so quick and easy to make! It's a great mixture of flavors. My husband declared "we'll make this one a regular"! I used ground turkey and frozen mixed vegetables. Added a spinach salad and dinner was done! Thanks, Heather, this is one that will get a lot of use!!
Another success story. This is fabulous recipe that is fast and delicious. The husband and kids loved this one too! The cornbread is a big hit with the kids, it's crunchy and kinda of sweet, a perfect combination. Thank you diamonds4heather for another wonderful receipe.