Recipe by stephanief
For Thanksgiving 2008, my mother in law had a total knee replacement so would be unable to make stuffing balls this year. When I asked for her recipe, she said "Don't ask me that, I don't have it written down." I just mix it up. So, I did some research and some testing and this version gained my son's approval.
Top Review by LainieBug
I'm a stuffing fanatic and love to try new recipes. These were fun to make, tasted great and I really liked that they are in individual servings instead of all clumped into a bowl. I plan to make these for both Thankgiving and Christmas this year. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 1 loaf bread, torn into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 14 ounces chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put torn bread in large bowl.
- In skillet, saute onion and celery in the butter.
- Once soft, add parsley, pepper, salt and poultry seasonings and mix well.
- Add cooked mixture to bread and incorporate fully.
- Pour chicken broth over bread and again mix well. Hands work well.
- Form into balls or use the easy method and use an ice cream scoop.
- Place on prepared baked sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- These can be made ahead and frozen and then reheated.