The key to these sandwiches is in the ingredients. If you try to use winter tomatoes, roma tomatoes, packaged cheese, pre-sliced bread, or anything you couldn’t pick up at a nice big farmer’s market, the whole thing will fail. Adjust the type of cheese to your liking. I really did eat these all summer one year with some delicious New Zealand cheese. A salty crust on the bread is the best. The cheese should be high quality and can be either farmer's style or something with some bite, like cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 thick slices heirloom tomatoes
- 2 thick slices fresh rosemary bread
- 2 thick slices artisanal cheese
- 1Lightly toast the bread slices.
- 2Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese then a slice of tomato. The tomato and cheese should cover the bulk of the bread.
- 3Savor the flavor.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Could Eat Them All Summer Long Open Face Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: