Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The key to these sandwiches is in the ingredients. If you try to use winter tomatoes, roma tomatoes, packaged cheese, pre-sliced bread, or anything you couldn’t pick up at a nice big farmer’s market, the whole thing will fail. Adjust the type of cheese to your liking. I really did eat these all summer one year with some delicious New Zealand cheese. A salty crust on the bread is the best. The cheese should be high quality and can be either farmer's style or something with some bite, like cheddar.
- 2 -4 thick slices heirloom tomatoes
- 2 thick slices fresh rosemary bread
- 2 thick slices artisanal cheese
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese then a slice of tomato. The tomato and cheese should cover the bulk of the bread.
- Savor the flavor.