Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tried to make Cantaloupe Bread #64468 but ended up making a lot of changes.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup pureed cantaloupe
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, soda, powder, cinnamon and ginger) in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (egg, cantaloupe, half-and-half, oil, banilla) in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour into an oiled 9x5 loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Yum this was good! I had 3 large cantaloupes to use up so I went in search of recipes that would work. This went together easily and I used whole wheat pastry flour and sucanat. This produced a very mild sweet quick bread that was nice with a bit of butter. I could not taste the cantaloupe but it certainly made the bread nice and moist. I found it a tad crumbly but very tasty. Thanks for making it healthier then the original. We sure enjoyed this!