Recipe by Nurse Amanda
This is a wonderful, tasty lasagna recipe. The nutrition information doesn't recognize part skim ricotta or mozzarella. It will be even less fat when you make it with those ingredients.
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef, browned and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, spinach, and salt a pepper.
- Place a small amount of sauce just to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer 3 noodles across the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 ricotta mixture on top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the meat mixture on top.
- Spread enough sauce to cover the meat.
- Layer noodles, cheese, meat, and sauce one more time.
- Top with last 3 noodles and sauce and then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top.
- Bake until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbly on the edges.