Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name says it all. You have to try it to believe it!
- 6 medium round red potatoes
- 1⁄4 chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" pieces; place in medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine potato, chopped green onion, and pimemto in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients; stir well.
- Add to potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.
Great lowfat/fat free option. I used fat free sour cream and fat free yogurt- which made the sauce thinner- so I added a few more potatoes. Wonderful.
I really like this recipe. I did use light Miracle Whip because we really don't like the taste of fat-free mayo. I also made 1 1/3 batch to make it extra moist. It was good and an excellent alternative to the full fat recipes that try to give you cardiac arrest-) Thanks Carrie Ann for posting this. I Made this a long time ago and forgot to review it. Good alternative for those of us watching our weight.
I made this for a luncheon for thirty seniors. They-and the kitchen staff- loved it. I used 90 small red potatoes, cut them in quarters and quadrupled the rest of the ingredients. I didn't use pimentos or garlic. It was awesome. Not even a spoonful left!!! I will definately make this again for church functions and for family gatherings. Thanks Carrie Ann-I'll even pass it on to my TOPS friends.