Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name says it all. You have to try it to believe it!
Make and share this "I Can't Believe It's Low Fat" Creamy Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium round red potatoes
- 1⁄4 chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" pieces; place in medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine potato, chopped green onion, and pimemto in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients; stir well.
- Add to potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.
Great lowfat/fat free option. I used fat free sour cream and fat free yogurt- which made the sauce thinner- so I added a few more potatoes. Wonderful.
I really like this recipe. I did use light Miracle Whip because we really don't like the taste of fat-free mayo. I also made 1 1/3 batch to make it extra moist. It was good and an excellent alternative to the full fat recipes that try to give you cardiac arrest-) Thanks Carrie Ann for posting this. I Made this a long time ago and forgot to review it. Good alternative for those of us watching our weight.
I made this for a luncheon for thirty seniors. They-and the kitchen staff- loved it. I used 90 small red potatoes, cut them in quarters and quadrupled the rest of the ingredients. I didn't use pimentos or garlic. It was awesome. Not even a spoonful left!!! I will definately make this again for church functions and for family gatherings. Thanks Carrie Ann-I'll even pass it on to my TOPS friends.