Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have tested this recipe many times in many ways, and it is really faboulous bread. Make sure you don't overmix the dough, and only let it rise once when its in the pan. Xanathan gum is expensive but it lasts a very long time. I have subbed many different gf flours in this recipe, and they all turned out "fine" but this one is "fabulous".
- 473.18 ml rice flour, WHITE
- 236.59 ml Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 14.78 ml xanthan gum
- 7.39 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 354.88 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml yeast
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put eggs in your bread machine, and program to "dough". Let it beat the eggs for you. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Once mixed, stop the machine. Add dry ingredients on top of wet, and top with the yeast.
- Turn the bread machine back on to "dough". Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the dough often. I let the machine mix the dough for about 4 minutes, scraping often, then turn the machine off.
- This dough will be very loose and sticky. Pour into a greased 9x5 bread pan and smooth over the top. Brush with melted butter if desired. Top with seeds etc if you like.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place breadpan on top of stove, cover with tea towel and wait half an hour until it has doubled in size. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes until brown and fragrant. Remove from pan immediately or it will get soggy.
- I slice it once its cooled and freeze it in a ziplock bag. Makes really great french toast and sandwiches.
Ive only baked one other gluten free bread recipe, but this one takes the cake. Or should I say,...The bread. Har har har. In all seriousness, it comes out absolutely perfect. I've been trying to find a really good gluten free bread in stores, but this bread home made blows any out of the park. And it's super easy and much faster than most bread recipes. I usually make the loaf, cut it into 16 slices, and then freeze half and refrigerate half for toasting. Makes great sandwiches, but really shines toasted alongside breakfast with butter, jam, or a good nut butter.
I just made this. It was very easy and very good. Very dense and moist. I will definitely be making this again! Awesome recipe Nurse Rain!!!!
It's ok toasted, but it is really sticky even after being cooked. Not one we liked very much. Sorry.