1/2 Photos of I Cant Believe It's Gluten Free Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Nurse Rain's Note:
I have tested this recipe many times in many ways, and it is really faboulous bread. Make sure you don't overmix the dough, and only let it rise once when its in the pan. Xanathan gum is expensive but it lasts a very long time. I have subbed many different gf flours in this recipe, and they all turned out "fine" but this one is "fabulous".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2Put eggs in your bread machine, and program to "dough". Let it beat the eggs for you. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- 3Once mixed, stop the machine. Add dry ingredients on top of wet, and top with the yeast.
- 4Turn the bread machine back on to "dough". Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the dough often. I let the machine mix the dough for about 4 minutes, scraping often, then turn the machine off.
- 5This dough will be very loose and sticky. Pour into a greased 9x5 bread pan and smooth over the top. Brush with melted butter if desired. Top with seeds etc if you like.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place breadpan on top of stove, cover with tea towel and wait half an hour until it has doubled in size. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes until brown and fragrant. Remove from pan immediately or it will get soggy.
- 7I slice it once its cooled and freeze it in a ziplock bag. Makes really great french toast and sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Cant Believe It's Gluten Free Bread
Serving Size: 1 (913 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1751.1
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 619.0 mg
- Sodium 3927.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 289.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour