Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Jenny Jones' new cookbook called "Look Good, Feel Great Cookbook" which was posted in my local paper, The Star-Ledger.
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk, warmed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Steam the cauliflower and sweet potato in a steamer basket until soft, 7-10 minutes. If you don't have a steamer basket, you can cook them in a covered pot in about 1" of water and then drain.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, place the steamed vegetables along with the milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Whip and serve.
This is DELICIOUS! I cooked my vegi's in the microwave on High for 8 minutes. I used a glass covered casserole and put the cauliflower in the center and the sweetpotatos all along the outside edges. I didn't even use the salt. A keeper for sure! So easy, too!