"i Can't Believe It is Butter" Margarine Spread
- 16 ounces margarine, softened any brand
- 1 cup buttermilk (Note ( 1 cup milk plus 3 teaspoons vinegar equals 1 cup buttermilk)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter Buds, flavoring or 1 teaspoon liquid butter flavoring
- If you make your own buttermilk, mix vinegar to milk and let it stand at least 20 minutes and stir.
- In large mixing bowl, add softened margarine, buttermilk, vegetable oil and butter buds flavoring. Mix on slow speed until well mixed.
- Put in a container with lid in refrigerator.
- Preparation time includes making your own buttermilk.