Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tastes like butter, costs like margarine. Easy to make and refrigerate.
- 16 ounces margarine, softened any brand
- 1 cup buttermilk (Note ( 1 cup milk plus 3 teaspoons vinegar equals 1 cup buttermilk)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter Buds, flavoring or 1 teaspoon liquid butter flavoring
- If you make your own buttermilk, mix vinegar to milk and let it stand at least 20 minutes and stir.
- In large mixing bowl, add softened margarine, buttermilk, vegetable oil and butter buds flavoring. Mix on slow speed until well mixed.
- Put in a container with lid in refrigerator.
- Preparation time includes making your own buttermilk.
I loved this! My family really liked this! It does taste like butter! Thanks for posting.
"I can't believe" I haven't rated this recipe yet..lol. I have made it 3 times...both my husband and I love it!! Love how it speads, unlike butter, but still has a nice buttery taste. Thanks for a great recipe! Will keep this on hand at all times!
I love this spread. I used commercial buttermilk and cut back a little on the added oil, and this tastes so much like real butter that it is unbelieveable!!! So great name for this recipe.