Recipe by Mareesme
My old friend Pat gave me this recipe 20 years ago and I really love these easy puffs....a little too much, as my waistline attests!
Top Review by sabrinajosh
loved it! very easy to make. i did substitute the cream for cool whip and whip cream, it was very good. my husband(who is a very picky person) loved these. thank you for the recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (large-size box)
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix, Dream Whip brand (2 envelopes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water and butter to rolling boil.
- Stir in flour, stirring vigorously over low heat about 1 minute, or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs all at one time and continue beating until smooth. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Cool out of draft.
- Cut in half horizontally, open, and remove any uncooked filaments of dough (if desired, but not necessary).
- Make Dream Whip according to package directions. Make pudding with only half the milk it calls for. Quickly add the pudding to the Dream Whip and mix well.
- Fill cream puffs, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and refrigerate until serving -- if you don't eat them first!