Recipe by Kiwiwife
I swear I will ONLY make this to take somewhere because I CAN NOT be left alone without eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it is gone! At least at parties, I have to share ;)
Top Review by FolkDiva
This was so easy to throw together for dinner tonight and absolutely delicious, to boot! In lieu of the garlic salt, I sauteed a little fresh minced garlic along with the artichokes (canned), and beat about 1/4 cup cream in with the eggs. I omitted the top crust and used a rolled, refrigerated pie dough. Fifty minutes did the trick. Thanks so much for sharing....I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow (and maybe lunch, too!).
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed & chopped small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell, I use Pet Ritz
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute artichokes in olive oil til softened.
- season with garlic salt.
- While artichokes cool slightly, in bowl beat eggs.
- grate mozzarella cheese into eggs then add artichoke mixture & mix well.
- Pour mixture into a pie shell, sprinkle on parm. cheese then top with other inverted shell.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Note: 2nd pie shell may break up a bit, just piece it together as best you can, it tates so good it doesnt matter.
- This also reheats in microwave nicely the next day for breakfast lunch & dinner!