Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I swear I will ONLY make this to take somewhere because I CAN NOT be left alone without eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it is gone! At least at parties, I have to share ;)
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed & chopped small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell, I use Pet Ritz
- Saute artichokes in olive oil til softened.
- season with garlic salt.
- While artichokes cool slightly, in bowl beat eggs.
- grate mozzarella cheese into eggs then add artichoke mixture & mix well.
- Pour mixture into a pie shell, sprinkle on parm. cheese then top with other inverted shell.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Note: 2nd pie shell may break up a bit, just piece it together as best you can, it tates so good it doesnt matter.
- This also reheats in microwave nicely the next day for breakfast lunch & dinner!
This was so easy to throw together for dinner tonight and absolutely delicious, to boot! In lieu of the garlic salt, I sauteed a little fresh minced garlic along with the artichokes (canned), and beat about 1/4 cup cream in with the eggs. I omitted the top crust and used a rolled, refrigerated pie dough. Fifty minutes did the trick. Thanks so much for sharing....I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow (and maybe lunch, too!).
I'm going to review this but withhold my stars for the time being (sorry!) I made an attempt at this with a bottom crust only, and then I got excited and added some spinach and some ham. The result was very good as well and came out like the world's best quiche, but I want to try this as intended with just the artichokes (but one crust still. Carbs don't like me much...) If it's this addictive then I suspect it doesn't need me playing mad scientist to come out spectacular!
I used bottom crust only and canned artichokes. very good!