Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Deep, dark yummy chocolatey (zucchini) bread! A great way to use up all that garden fresh zucchini. The yogurt adds another level of flavor and moisture. This recipe makes three loaves - two to give away, and one to enjoy!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 12 ounces fat free coffee yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated & drained
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F Coat three 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pans with baking spray. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix till flour is incorporated.
- Bake 55 minutes or done. Rest for 10 minutes then remove from pans.
I halved the recipe to do only 1 bread and I used 1 egg. I used half the sugar that it was supposed. I didn't have coffee yogurt, so I used plain yogurt and added instant coffee to it.
The bread has a great taste of chocolate. It's so yummy. Thanks Chef KOBI :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Delicious treat! I used honey flavored Greek yogurt instead of coffee flavored. Very moist. Enjoyed 1 loaf and popped 2 in the freezer for future feasting. Thanks for sharing Kobi. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.