Recipe by Pot Scrubber
From Martin Yan's Show "Yan Can Cook."
Top Review by Recipe Reader
Delicious soup! It's easy to put together, and something a little different. I played with the recipe a bit and made a half batch for dinner for two people, and it worked out well. I skipped the ham, and used a little more shrimp and corn than a half recipe called for and also both eggs. It seems like a really flexible recipe. Thanks for posting this gem!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup ham (diced and cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut (coarsely chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 1/3 cup water)
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil broth in a 3 quart pot.
- Add shrimp, ham, water chestnuts, corn, sesame oil, salt and pepper and return to a boil.
- Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring until soup boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and slowly drizzle in egg whites, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with green onion.