1/2 Photos of I Call It Chili
Soup Fly *'s Note:
In my world, chili is whatever you want it to be - no rules, no arguments. I've had many people question whether or not this is "real chili" when they see it, but once they taste it they're just too busy eating to worry about it. This is a good basic recipe that can be easily modified to suit your taste. This is delicious as leftovers, but will be thicker the next day as the macaroni will absorb much of the liquid. It is VERY good this way, or you can add water when reheating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 29 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 32 ounces kidney beans
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef in large stock pot.
- 2Add onion, black pepper and salt while meat is cooking.
- 3After meat is completely cooked, add stewed tomatoes, drained kidney beans and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir throroughly.
- 5Add additional 15 ounces (one can) of water, more or less, depending on whether or not you like thick or soupy chili.
- 6Add desired seasonings to taste.
- 7Allow to simmer while you prepare macaroni.
- 8In separate pan, boil water and cook macaroni.
- 9Drain macaroni and add to meat& sauce mixture.
- 10Ready to eat immediately or you can leave it it to simmer on stove top until dinner time.
- 11Sprinkle with shredded cheddar when in individual bowls, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Call It Chili
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 35.2 g