Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
During the week I find myself super busy with college, oatmeal is one of my favorite snacks or quick fix meals in between classes and studying. This is my favorite quick fix. Of course you can sub the amount or type of fruit, those are just what I call for. So if you don't have one of the following ingredients, other dried fruit (like died dried apricots) are yummy too! Honey or sugar can also be subbed for splenda, but you will have to decipher how much for yourself. + The banana is my little extra touch, if you don't like banana, then feel free to exempt!
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon dried white grapes
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berry
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (I use splenda, to taste)
- 1⁄2 thinly sliced banana (optional)
- Combine oats, dried fruit and splenda in desired microwave safe bowl.
- Add water.
- Cook oats to desire texture.
- Layer banana slices over oatmeal. (optional).
This was really nice. I used craisins, dried blueberries & goji's & served with vanilla yoghurt sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon. I also cooked in milk rather than water to make it a tad creamier. Very nice brekky, thanks!