Recipe by Sana
This is a quick and easy dish. Serve with rice. I have made it regularly. I do not remember where I got it from. If you do not have all the whole spices, its okay to omit. This dish will still taste good.
- 850.48 g chicken
- 236.59 ml yogurt
- 59.14 ml ginger paste
- 19.71 ml garlic paste
- 236.59 ml sliced onion
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 2.46 ml turmeric powder
- 28.34 g desiccated coconut
- 73.94 ml cashew nuts paste
- 59.16 ml sesame seeds
- 1.62 ml ground nutmeg
- 158.51 ml oil or 158.51 ml butter
- 10 green cardamom pods
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.23 ml mace
- 255.14 g potatoes
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml chopped coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the Chicken,Remove Skin and Cut into bite size Pieces.
- · Whisk Curd and Keep Aside.
- · Peel, Wash, Cut Potatoes into Quarters and Immerse in Water.
- · Make a marinade of Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Onions, Red Chillies, Turmeric Powder, Coconut, Cashewnut Paste, Seasame Seeds, Nutmeg and Salt with yougurt and leave the Chicken in this Marinade for 30 Minutes.
- · Heat Ghee in a Kadhai and then to it add Whole Garam Masala and sauté over Medium Heat until it begins to Crackle.
- · Next add Chicken along with the Marinade and then bring to Boil and then Simmer for 5 Minutes.
- · Add 1 2/3 Tcup of Water and boil for 5 Minutes.
- · Add Drained Potatoes and Lemon Juice and Simmer until Chicken is Tender and the Potatoes get Cooked.
- · Check the Seasoning and Adjust Accordingly.Add Coriander Leaves and Mix.
- · Serve Hot Garnished with Chopped Coriander Leaves and Serve with Rice or Indian Bread of your Choice.