Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT III - Scandinavia from Cookbookwiki. Untested by me.
- 15 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 250 g chopped parsley
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon white flour
- 1 (420 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Sauté the chopped garlic quickly in the oil.
- Add sliced leek, most of the parsley, and peppers.
- Drizzle with the flour, stir well and add the tomatoes.
- Add the stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the wine, bring back to the boil and season with salt pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Puree with a blender (optional).
- Drizzle with the rest of the parsley and serve with fresh toast.
This is wonderful I used the whole 15 cloves of garlic. For the Tomatoes I used Italian flavored and I added 1/2 tsp of cayenne instead of a pinch. left out the flour and used apple juice instead of wine The house had a wonderful aroma! This will be a regular Loved it Thanks Mandy for posting it
this was also mild to me so i used it as asoup base
I cooked this for ZWT3. I did not puree the soup, because we love chunky soups. I do not believe that being pureed would change the taste. The soup was good, just lacking in flavor. I fear that for the amount of stock there was too much leeks and parsley which drowned out all of the other flavors. We couldn't taste any of the garlic. Next time, I will use 1 leek, maybe 1/4 cup parsley and a couple of more cups of stock. I would also recommend extending the cooking time to 30 minutes. I used the high dollar chicken stock we get at Costco & all fresh ingredients.