Recipe by **Mandy**
Posted for ZWT III - Scandinavia from Cookbookwiki. Untested by me.
Top Review by Bergy
This is wonderful I used the whole 15 cloves of garlic. For the Tomatoes I used Italian flavored and I added 1/2 tsp of cayenne instead of a pinch. left out the flour and used apple juice instead of wine The house had a wonderful aroma! This will be a regular Loved it Thanks Mandy for posting it
- 15 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 250 g chopped parsley
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon white flour
- 1 (420 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the chopped garlic quickly in the oil.
- Add sliced leek, most of the parsley, and peppers.
- Drizzle with the flour, stir well and add the tomatoes.
- Add the stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the wine, bring back to the boil and season with salt pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Puree with a blender (optional).
- Drizzle with the rest of the parsley and serve with fresh toast.