This traditional Dutch recipe is definitely a meal. We love it. The prep time does not include the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb chopped cooked cold left over meat (ham, roast beef, chicken, etc.)
- 2 cooked beets, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 8 medium cooked potatoes, chopped (preferably less starchy white potatoes, not Russets)
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 6 pickled pearl onions or 4 fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 dash maggi seasoning (or Kitchen Bouquet seasoning, or soy or Worcestershire)
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix all the ingredients together.
- 2Refrigerate for a couple of hours for best flavor.
- 3Spread on a platter lined with lettuce leaves and smooth the top.
- 4Decorate top and sides with dollops of mayonnaise, sliced hard boiled egg, sliced tomato, parsley and a dusting of paprika.
- 5Serve with your favorite bread.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huzarensla (Dutch Meat and Potato Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled pearl onions