Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Dutch recipe is my favorite pork salad. If you don't like beets, omit the beet. I don't bother to peel the tomato.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cold cooked pork
- 2 green apples, peeled,cored & chopped
- 8 small new potatoes, cooked,cooled & chopped
- 1 small beet, cooked & chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 gherkin, chopped
- 1 small onions or 1 small scallion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced
- 1 gherkin, sliced
- In a bowl, combine pork through onion.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well.
- Line a flat serving dish with several lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the salad in a"boat" shape in lettuce.
- Cover the boat with a very thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Garnish top with sliced egg, gherkin and tomato.
Very good main dish salad which we had with Rye bread Rye, Corn, and Sprouts Bread and baked apples Old Fashioned Baked Apples for a wonderful simple supper. I made a few changes to this recipe based on what I had on hand by using 2 cooked boneless pork chops (I didn't measure the amount), 4 regular potatoes instead of the ones specified, 1/2 red onion and for the oil and vinegar I used olive oil and cider vinegar--I don't think these changes made any difference except for resulting in a delicious salad that made wonderful use of leftovers and things I almost always have on hand. Thanks for sharing!
I actually made this recipe using no change of ingredients but did do a few minor amount adjustments, my DH enjoyed this salad, thanks echo!...Kitten:)