Recipe by echo echo
This Dutch recipe is my favorite pork salad. If you don't like beets, omit the beet. I don't bother to peel the tomato.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good main dish salad which we had with Rye bread recipe#76124 and baked apples recipe#83051 for a wonderful simple supper. I made a few changes to this recipe based on what I had on hand by using 2 cooked boneless pork chops (I didn't measure the amount), 4 regular potatoes instead of the ones specified, 1/2 red onion and for the oil and vinegar I used olive oil and cider vinegar--I don't think these changes made any difference except for resulting in a delicious salad that made wonderful use of leftovers and things I almost always have on hand. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cold cooked pork
- 2 green apples, peeled,cored & chopped
- 8 small new potatoes, cooked,cooled & chopped
- 1 small beet, cooked & chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 gherkin, chopped
- 1 small onions or 1 small scallion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced
- 1 gherkin, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine pork through onion.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well.
- Line a flat serving dish with several lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the salad in a"boat" shape in lettuce.
- Cover the boat with a very thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Garnish top with sliced egg, gherkin and tomato.