Chef #495935's Note:
Dutch potato salad, made with beets and leftover meat, this delicious cold salad looks wonderful garnished with sliced egg on a bed of lettuce. Perfect for a cool summer supper, my mother often made this family favorite. This recipe is a taste as you go recipe and is as much fun to make as to eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel, cook and mash potatoes.
- 2drain beets and mash thoroughly and add to the potatoes.
- 3dice the meat
- 4dice 6 of the hard boiled eggs
- 5dice about 1/2 of the sweet gherkins, cocktail onions, and dill pickles
- 6add diced meat into the mashed potato mix.
- 7add diced gherkins, cocktail onions, and dill pickles to taste.
- 8add mayonnaise to taste, at least 2 tablespoons to start.
- 9fold in diced eggs.
- 10shape into mound on top of bed of lettuce leaves.
- 11cover mound with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- 12slice remaining eggs and distribute evenly on the mound.
- 13chill and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huzare Sla - Dutch Beet and Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 318.0 mg
- Sodium 1462.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: