Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Dutch potato salad, made with beets and leftover meat, this delicious cold salad looks wonderful garnished with sliced egg on a bed of lettuce. Perfect for a cool summer supper, my mother often made this family favorite. This recipe is a taste as you go recipe and is as much fun to make as to eat!
- peel, cook and mash potatoes.
- drain beets and mash thoroughly and add to the potatoes.
- dice the meat
- dice 6 of the hard boiled eggs
- dice about 1/2 of the sweet gherkins, cocktail onions, and dill pickles
- add diced meat into the mashed potato mix.
- add diced gherkins, cocktail onions, and dill pickles to taste.
- add mayonnaise to taste, at least 2 tablespoons to start.
- fold in diced eggs.
- shape into mound on top of bed of lettuce leaves.
- cover mound with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- slice remaining eggs and distribute evenly on the mound.
- chill and enjoy.