Recipe by Maïté G.
This is a delicious wintery soup, based on my recipe for Hutsepot, a traditional Belgian dish. Very nice with some homemade bread!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Recipeswap 15 Aus/NZ April 2008 This is agood beginning soup recipe. I did need to add garlic, pepper and some seasonngs for added flavor as it seemed a bit bland. I will make this again as it is a fast and easy soup to prepare.
- 1⁄2 green cabbage, chopped
- 5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 4 in a large pot and bring to a boil and leave to simmer until all the veggies are tender (20 minutes).
- Blend the soup and make small balls of the ground pork or chicken.
- Put the balls back into the soup and boil for another 10 minutes or until done. Add salt an pepper to taste.