Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A so far an untried recipe; I found this in a old cookbook that's been on my shelf for years. I love this type of cookie and hope to make it soon. Don't use anything except real butter. Prep doesn't include chill time. Submitted for ZWT4
- 158.51 ml unsalted butter
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- 314.66 ml flour
- 78.07 ml nuts, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml raspberry jam
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat well then add yolk and 1 egg; mix just until flour is blende.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap, chill for 45 minutes.
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dought and shape into balls with floured hands. Put on ungreased cookie sheet, with a clean pencil or finger make a deep depression in the center of each ball. Beat remaining egga nd brush cookies with it, sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden, cool then fill depression with jam.
Since my family doesn't like nuts, I added a scant 1/4 cup of almond meal to the batter instead of sprinkling the nuts. This was akin to shortbread and was quite tasty! I too had trouble with the indentations. I used the handle of my wooden spoon; next time I'll use my finger and won't be concerned about the "hole" seeming too big. Made and reviewed for ZWT4.
This created a neat cookie! I don't know what happened, but I had trouble with the indentions. When I brushed the raw cookies with egg, the holes were filled in. Then, the nuts filled the hole too. Then when baking, the holes went away completely. I ended up tapping the cookies towards the last 10 minutes of baking so they would have some place for the jam to go. With all that said, they were good cookies! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4 - Chic Chefs.