Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
A rich buttery thumbprint cookie dipped in grated nuts and filled with a candied cherry or good thick jam.
- Blend flour with butter, lemon rind, sugar and egg yolk.
- Form into small balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white.
- Roll in grated nuts.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in center of each cookie and place cherry in centers or fill with thick jam.
- Bake in 375 degree F. oven until just lightly browned around edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 30 cookies.