Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 6 pork chops (1" thick)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- Brown the chops well in small amount of fat.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper, and place in 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chops and cover with foil.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Remove foil the last 1/2 hour of baking.
Oh my, these are GOOOOOOD! We were all licking our plates and going back for "just another bite" of the rice dressing. Only change I made was to line the pan in foil (easier to clean), and I carmelized an onion while I was browning the chops, and layered it over the chips before I poured the soup mixture on. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
This is Excellent! So easy to fix and so delicious. I fixed 8 of these and had no leftovers at all. Even my 4 year old neighbor cleaned his plate. LOL. This one is going in my Fav folder and will be made often this winter. Thanks for such a tasty recipe. Loved it!
Very good recipe and very good taste. Followed your recipe but...I had to add mushrooms. Great left overs. I did not have to cook this weekend. I even diced up the pork chops and added a bit of milk and heated it. It was good everytime. Thank You