Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My family's favorite version of Chili that we serve during our Husker football parties! It's a sure hit every time. You can use ground beef or ground turkey like we do. My red meat eaters couldn't tell the difference and ate every bit of it! Go Big Red!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cansnorthern white beans
- 2 lbs ground turkey, cooked
- 96 ounces v- 8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6 teaspoons chili powder
- couple dashes hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Combine all ingredients, except the cheese and sour cream, in a crockpot.
- Stir well and cook on high for 4-6 hours and 8-10 hours on low.
- Stir at least once an hour.
- When ready, garnish with cheese, sour cream, and green onions!