Hush-Puppy Style Clam Cakes
- Put sourdough and all spices, jalapeno, garlic cloves and shallot into food processor with chopping blade and run until break is broken down into crumbs.
- Remove to mixing bowl and add cornbread mix and mix inches Add clam juice, eggs and 1/2 cup milk. Mix until forms batter. Fold in clams.
- Mix in panko crumbs to thicken the batter to a dough like consistency. If needed, add additional milk from remaining 1/2 cup.
- Heat oil in a deep sided skillet to 375.
- spoon out tablespoon sized ball of dough (approx 1" diameter), pat flat and place in pan. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown.