1/1 Photo of Hush Puppy Muffins
For years I have been looking for a good baked Hush Puppy recipe to satisfy the craving for them in a healthier way and I have finally found it! I made these and they were a definate hit! I made them using mini-muffin tins to make them more crusty, just like a regular hush puppy, and I got 18 mini muffins out of it. Hope you like them as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or you can use a mini muffin pan.
- 2Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, onion, milk, parsley, oil and pepper.
- 4Add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- 5Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Serve immediatlely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hush Puppy Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 428.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g