Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I've got to quit making these. I overeat every time I fix them. I found this recipe in an old cookbook about a month ago and have fixed them three times and every time I eat them I can't stop. Beware--they are addictive.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 egg, light beaten
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Heat about 1 inch oil in a Dutch oven to 375°F or use a Fry Daddy.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add beer and egg, stirring until batter is smooth.
- Coat shrimp in batter and cook in hot oil about 2 minutes until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.